So here's a little quickie for ya! I'm a reader. So far in 2012, I've read 12 books. 12 books in 17 weeks. So, yes, I really, really enjoy reading. There is no better feeling than finding a great book to curl up with! Bill enjoys reading as well, but definitely isn't in the habit like I am. When he sits down to read a book he has a pen (gel-tip, he's very picky!) and dictionary handy. And we don't have a little pocket dictionary... this is a big ol' hardcover Websters' dictionary. Everytime he comes across a word he isn't familiar with he underlines it in the book, looks it up in the dictionary, and writes the definition (shortened, of course) in the book. Very handy. It's a really neat quirk of his.... I tend to power through books and assume the meaning of words I'm not familiar with, I'm too into the storyline to interrupt. He needs to understand and grasp the full meaning of every word he is reading. I really appreciate and respect that about him.
Right now, I'm reading a book called '50 Shades of Grey by, E.L. James. It's a page-turner and definitely a very sexual book. Not something I would have normally picked out but due to popular demand I just had to see what everyone was talking about. Sometimes I get to the juicy parts and read a couple sentences or paragraph to Bill and he responds with "Jesus, what are you reading you pervert?!" or simply raised eyebrows and a chuckle. But seriously, read it, you won't want to put it down!

Do either of you have a nook? I LOVE the dictionary function in it- I get caught up with wanting to know vocab words that I don't know too and it's such a time saver!
ReplyDeleteThose books are so addicting.........there are some hilarious blog posts that you should read when you're through with them!