I love the simplicity of this project. It is under $10 and can be used year-round. I discovered the idea on http://www.pinterest.com/ ~ if you aren't a member, you should be :) It was being used a a Christmas wreath to display all of your cards for the season. I started the project with lots of greens and reds... and then I started thinking and brainstorming about how often this 'wreath' would be used. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas time, so much so that I am that crazy person that keeps the decorations up until my husband gives me an ultimatum.
My thought process was as follows.... "This would be cute to put school pictures of our nieces & nephews".... "Bill hates putting pictures up on the fridge".... "We have so many cute things we could hang on here".... "I have so much scrapbooking paper that I'm never going to get around to using!" Hence, the year-round wreath.
I used a 14" embroidery hoop ($4.99 at a craft store) and clothes-pins (.97 for 50!). Cut small strips of scrap-booking paper and glue (with a stick) onto the clothes-pins. Then hot glue gun the clothes pins onto the embroidery hoop ~ make sure that every other clothespin is facing the opposite way. This way you can really, really load it up with pictures and cards! Add a nice ribbon to hang and wa-la!
Right now we have 'thank-you' cards, pictures and fun stuff from the last couple months. Now that December has finally come along we are starting to get Christmas cards and filling the wreath with holiday greetings and great pictures! This post card pin is one of my favorites.
And the final product, I wish I had a better picture, it really doesn't do it justice...
No comments:
Post a Comment