It's happened to me a couple times, I go to a store specifically to buy something for a birthday or a special day. I walk out with a great gift.... that ends up being perfect for me. I recently purchased the book 'Easy, Green Living' by, Renee Loux as a stocking stuffer for someone in my life (this book is relevant to many of my family members) and I ended up flipping through it and wanting to dog-ear pages. Well, it's past Christmas and it's still here so I guess it belongs to me, although I'm sure that I'll be lending this out. My Mom and I read through a couple interesting facts yesterday and I know my Mother-In-Law would love the easy, green suggestions and tips. I can't say enough good things about this book, it's not really a reading book but more like sections of your home and ways to green them. It's complete with recipes and suggests eco-friendly products. It is a great guide to make your environment safer! So here's another recipe to enjoy:
Lavender-Lemon Disinfecting Spirits Spray
1/4 C. vodka
1/2 C. 3% hydrogen peroxide
1 C. water
5 drops grapefruit seed extract (optional)
10 drops essential oil of lavender
5 drops essential oil of lemon
In a spray bottle, combine all ingredients and gently swirl around. If you shake the hydrogen peroxide will fizz up and then go flat. Spray on various surfaces and wipe with a clean cloth. It smells so fresh and energizing!

No comments:
Post a Comment