I've been looking for a way to clean our bamboo cutting board without damaging it. When we received the board it was mentioned that you should just wipe it down with oil every so often. Great idea, but lately I've been questioning the cleanliness of it. There was absolutely no way that I would ever use a cleaner on it (we mostly use Norwex anyhow). We never cut meat on the board, just vegetables and breads. I recently came across this sanitizer and had to share, it works like a charm and now you can tell the board is fresh!
1/4 cup 3% hydrogen peroxide
1/4 cup white distilled vinegar
4 drops of grapefruit seed extract (optional)
4 drops essential oil of oregano (optional)
1 tablespoon baking soda
Mix all ingredients 3except for the baking soda in a bowl or in a spray bottle. Sprinkle the baking soda on the cutting board. Spray the board or dip a sponge into the mixture and start scrubbing the board. It fizzes up immediately! Wipe the board down with fresh water before using it.

No comments:
Post a Comment