Monday, August 6, 2012

Ragbrai XL

I've never done Ragbrai before. If you haven't heard of Ragbrai you can read more about it here: RAGBRAI XL. This year Ragbrai was going to be going through Cedar Rapids and I thought I might as well jump on the bandwagon with Becky, my running and biking buddy/Aunt-in-law. Best decision ever.... that might be a bit of an exaggeration but it was such a good time! It was really amazing to see all of the people outside cheering on all of the bicyclists. People were offering waters, baked goods, and chairs at their houses, it was so cool to know that these neighbors were welcoming us into their communities. Our first stop was in Mount Vernon and it was just a big party. There were people everywhere, music blasting, and and breakfast was cooking! We took our time walking across the Cornell campus and did a lot of people-watching. We cruised through farmlands, up and down hills to Springville, Viola, Fairview and then ended up in Anamosa. It was a beautiful ride with great people.

 
Go Rams!

Baa-aaa-aaa
 
 
For any of you that know Becky and I... we have a slight obsession with farm animals.

 
Party at Cornell College!
 
 
Biking into Springville
 
 
Springville madness.
 
 
Our last stop. Becky and I were actually pretty bummed that were were here already.

 
We biked the majority of the day with CEC's I.T. Director, Brian. He's awesome.
 
 
Taylor & Leah aka Le-Or. They were total animals and biked full Ragbrai tandem.

No comments:

Post a Comment