Sunday, August 5, 2012

Easy Like Sunday Mornin'!


I purchased Immaculate Baking Co. Cinnamon Rolls on my last trip to Target. Bill is a sucker for cinnamon rolls on the weekend and I'm not willing or able to whip up a batch of homemade rolls on a Saturday morning. As you've probably noticed we do make a lot of homemade waffles, pancakes, and casseroles. However, I've never made a homemade cinnamon roll, I think I'm under the misconception that it takes too much time. But either way... why go through all of that work when I can pop open a package like this or go to Kava House up the street?! It's been a long time since I've purchased the typical Pillsbury package for the simple reason that they aren't healthy and there is too much sugar. I always feel horrible after eating something like that for breakfast. When I saw these at the store I noticed that these were different...


It's not very often that you see a label like this for refrigerated dough. I will admit, these are 300 calories for ONE cinnamon roll. Not exactly ideal especially since I will normally eat two. BUT if you are looking for a healthy alternative to other cinnamon rolls, I would highly recommend these!


They don't look so great coming out of the package..... but the final result is DELICIOUS! The dough had a nice texture to it, almost crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside and the frosting wasn't too sweet. We both really enjoyed how quick and easy they were. Two thumbs up from us!


No comments:

Post a Comment