Ahhh... Social media and election time are a bad, bad mixture of rants, emotions, and differences of opinion. It seems like everyday I'm hearing something horrible about each party. "The democrats voted in favor of destroying all baby kittens" or "Republicans worship the devil in their spare time." Jeeez, seriously. You turn on the television, you look at the news, or Facebook newsfeeds and it's incredibly negative. I do have political opinions and I do know the direction in which I lean. I won't share my opinions and strong beliefs about certain issues on my blog. I want to keep my 'space' here open, honest, and safe. And while I know and stand behind what I believe... I don't feel that this is the place to express my POLITICAL thoughts. But who knows, maybe I'll start up another blog.... maybe www.voteromney2012.blogspot.com is available? *Wink* I'll keep you guys posted on that.... But seriously, I don't think any less of someone who has a difference of opinion and I would never, ever belittle someone who didn't agree with me. I think it's important to remind each other that we are so blessed and lucky to live in a country that allows us to express ourselves fully and honestly. And who are we kidding?! Posting these hateful partisan thoughts will not win you any fans! Or make people change their minds! Let this be a gentle reminder that talking something or someone in a positive manner is the way to create interest, not the other way around. Tell me WHY you are voting, why you love your candidate, and what YOU believe in. Quit telling me why left/right wing candidates are such douchers and that they're going to hell for believing in something. If you don't have something nice to say, just don't say it for goodness sakes! You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequence of your choice so make a strong, educated decision. Whatever you do or believe, just vote. God Bless America!

No comments:
Post a Comment