Sunday, January 27, 2013

Parmesan Potato Cups

Breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day. I always wake up hungry. Since going gluten-free it's been difficult to find something I can eat for breakfast that not only satisfies my hunger but is also quick and easy. I've recently been making pre-made egg cups (eggs cooked in muffin tins) and I decided that I was going to start to branch out my breakfasts in muffin tins. Low and behold I made healthy hash browns that are incredibly delicious! Here's what you will need:
 
Parmesan Potato Cups
3 1/5 C. hash browns (you can use simply potatoes, frozen hash browns, or shred your own russet potatoes)
1/3 C. onion (green or sweet), finely chopped
1/2 C. grated parmesan cheese
2 T. olive or grapeseed oil
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
 
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Coat 12 muffin tins with cooking spray. In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients except for the olive oil. Feel free to individualize your cups with the seasonings you love. I like to add chili powder to mine! Mix the ingredients well and then drizzle oil on top. Make sure to mix well so the potatoes are well coated. Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin cups and press down to pack the mixture. Bake your browns for 60 minutes or until the outside is brown and crispy. Spoon the cups into a container and enjoy breakfast for the week!
 
 

Look how cute this little guy is! These hash browns are easy, flavorful and fabulous.

 
My breakfast generally consists of two scrambled or pre-made muffin tin eggs and two of these hash browns. I like to mix them together too!

No comments:

Post a Comment