Is it just me or is time just flying by? It's almost Spring!!!! March 20 is the official first day and that just happens to be Bill's birthday. Needless to say, both events are a good cause for celebration! Both Bill and I have a lot to be thankful for this year. And Speaking of being grateful.... try this 'Copycat' Shamrock Shake. It saves me from having to leave the house and go to McDonald's! I'm typically a butterscotch malt girl when it comes to getting something sweet... but I love me a Shamrock Shake when the season is right.
McDonald’s Shamrock Shake Copycat Recipe
3 cups good quality vanilla ice cream (We love Breyer's Natural Vanilla)
1 3/4 cups milk (We use Horizon Organic 2%)
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract (or if you are feeling wild, try 2 full shots of Creme de Menthe!)
Green food coloring if desired (this gives it the authentic look of the shamrock shake but I try to avoid food coloring whenever possible! Do what you like with this one....)
Green food coloring if desired (this gives it the authentic look of the shamrock shake but I try to avoid food coloring whenever possible! Do what you like with this one....)
1. Blend all ingredients in a blender until completely thick and smooth. Pour into chilled glasses and serve!
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
~Irish Blessing

No comments:
Post a Comment