I love a good recipe especially when it's easy and delicious! I've found this one courtesy of Pinterest (surprise!) and this weekend was the third time we've made this and I figured it was time to share! Get creative with this.... you certainly don't have to follow my guidelines. Each time we've made this we've used whatever provisions we've had. Have fun!
Hawaiian Sweet Roll Sammies
Start by chopping a sweet yellow onion. Melt a stick of butter (yes, a stick!) and then add the onions to the butter. Add 3 T. of dijon mustard to the onions and butter mixture and stir. You have the option of then adding 2 t. of Worcestershire sauce and 3 t. of poppy seeds. I had neither of these on hand so I just did the onions, butter, and dijon. Cook this mixture until the onions are soft and golden brown. Take your package of King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls and cut the entire loaf in half lengthwise. Cover a 13x9 pan in aluminum foil and place the bottom half of the rolls in the bottom. Spread the onion mixture on the roll and save about 1/4 a cup for the top of the rolls.
Now you can load your rolls with the meat and cheese and toppings that you prefer! The options are endless.... We used about a 1/2 pound of shaved, smoked turkey and 5 slices of sharp cheddar cheese. (The recipe did call for 7-8 slices) Load the meat on top of the onions and then add slices of cheese evenly. We decided to add tomato and spinach to ours. Whatever ingredients you choose to add, just make sure to add the cheese on top.
Take the remaining onions mixture and add spread on top of the rolls. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Cut down the roll lines for little sandwiches.
No comments:
Post a Comment