Sunday, November 6, 2011

Struggles

I am trying to find the strength to allow myself to struggle with certain aspects of life. Somedays I wish I had all of the answers, I wish I knew what was next for me. I am impatient, I want the answers, I want the results, I want instant gratification. I'd like to press down on the backspace button and write a nice little blog about happiness and laughter. I must have woken up on the wrong side of bed. Alas, being that this is my creative outlet and I've been embracing the good, the bad, and the ugly. Well, this is me and this is my life. As much as I am moving in the direction of progress, sometimes I feel like I'm stuck in quicksand. I'd like to slip back into bed and throw the covers up over my head, call it a day and see what happens tomorrow. That would be easy... but not productive. Today I am going to recharge my batteries, live in the middle of all of these questions and renew some of my passions. 


Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will find them gradually, without noticing it, and live along some distant day into the answer. ~Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment