One of my guilty pleasures is 'Dancing with the Stars.' I love watching the celebrities learning and making such progress in such a short time. I have a couple favorites this season, I won't reveal anything quite yet...but I will say this, you better believe that I'm using both of our phones to vote! It's fun to watch the show especially after all of the salsa dancing I used to do last year. I like to think that I became pretty good after a couple lessons. Dancing isn't as easy as people might think and I can only imagine how harrowing and nerve-wracking it would be to dance LIVE in front of millions.
That being said, Bill and I have a bit of a tradition in our house. At least once a month, we like to dance in our office. It's a goofy pleasure but it's so incredible to connect on that level. Mostly, we slow dance (I like to pretend we're at our wedding reception) but occasionally we'll bust out the moves. Bill is a great dancer, he's got the same 5 moves but he's perfected those moves like nobody's business. It might sound strange but it's really romantic and it allows us to take a deeper look at one another. I relish moments like that. One night it might be goofy and fun, just letting go and getting wild, not a care in the world. The next night, it's slow and relaxing. I am not perfect, he is not perfect... but we have accepted this and build upon the joy and happiness we receive from each other. We both bring out a great balance of emotion. That speaks volumes about the connection we share.
I discovered this singer/songwriter over the weekend... This was the song I chose for last night's dance.
Bill, circa 1986. Already practicing dance moves. What a little cutie :)


No comments:
Post a Comment