Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happy Birthday, Dick Jr!


It's my big brother's birthday today. In years past we've partied it up at a local Karaoke lounge (I should add that my brother and my Dad both ended up barfing in the parking lot afterwards. Classy.) but this year was very low key. Appetizers and cheesecake and his place. At times, my brother and I couldn't be more opposite. He has dark eyes and hair, married young (and had my niece young!), is not the least bit emotional or sensitive, and is obsessed with KISS. He has a tendency to boss me around, a wonderful quality from my Dad, and picks on me until call him out for being a total asshole just by saying "DB"which cleverly means Dick Baumhauer. Whatever differences we may have, I have always thought he was the most awesome person. He is such a great son, brother, and father.  I love how my friends talk about how funny my brother's stories are or how we can laugh about our parents idiosyncrasies. I've always been proud to be his sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment