My Mother never ceases to amaze me. She surprised me last week with a beautiful hand-made rug. She spent weeks (yes, weeks!!) weaving this rug for our house. And after all of that work she wanted me to legitimately use this rug... as in, wipe our feet and put our shoes on it. Has she gone completely mad? I put it in our guest bedroom and have refused to step on it. This is something I will treasure! Her point is a valid one, she wants me to use it but I still can't imagine putting this at a door. Even though I'm a grown woman, married, and independent my Mom still has a way of continuing to mother me. She never expects anything in return, she is selfless and nurturing (and crafty!). I have absolutely no idea what I would ever do without her.
My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual, and physical education I received from her. ~George Washington
No comments:
Post a Comment