Sunday, April 1, 2012

The End Is Near


The Contemporary Museum of Art in Chicago. Where do I start?! Bill and I are open to just about anything and love to try new things. I had read and heard that when you are in downtown Chicago you have to go to the museum. So we gave it a try.... We both pay $12 each to get into the museum... And we start walking through. Okay, I honestly had no idea what contemporary art was. I'm not going to go into the full story about how Bill and I walked around and thought certain rooms were under construction, or how we thought people hadn't picked up trash, or how we had to stifle giggles because some of the 'art' was so ridiculous to us. I'm not going to bash the museum.... I'm just going to say that we aren't artsy fartsy enough to enjoy the carefully selected pieces of trash. I think everyone is entitled to their opinion and something that I might not think is creative might be someone else's masterpiece and vice versa. Bill and I walked out of the museum in silence... and I said "We would never know we didn't like something until we tried it." We've been telling our friends about our museum experience and we've really ended it with saying how happy we are that we tried it (although Bill keeps mentioning he wishes he asked for his money back) and realizing that we are both so grateful that we have the same taste. We both love having adventures and giving something new a try. I hope we never lose that spontaneity.... And either way it turns out we'll have a great story to tell.


These were some of our favorite pieces. We didn't take pictures of the rocks in the corner or a room, or broken glass in another, or even (Bill's favorite) and volleyball net that was folded.


The 1980's section was a little more interesting. Although still very, very contemporary for our tastes.

Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment