Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Live & Learn


I realize that people are free to make their own decisions in life... whether or not I agree is none of my business. Of course, if someone asks my opinion I will give it freely. I'm not a judgmental person but I think it's the Taurus in me that will tell you how I feel and also proceed to tell you how I think you should go about the situation. I'm never so controlling as to say it's my way or the highway but I feel myself having those emotions. I can honestly say I come by these thoughts honestly, my Dad is known for saying to EVERYONE "Now, here's what I would do..." He's the boss and I think I've inherited a little chip of that gene. I can find the good and the bad in this, if you ask my opinion I'll tell you. I've learned a lot of lessons in life and I feel like I have wise opinions to give. And in all honesty, it bugs the crap out of me when people make stupid decisions.

When I say a stupid decision I don't mean:

"Darn, I should have ordered the cheesecake instead of this boring chocolate sundae."
or
"I should have taken a left on that street, that would have gotten me to my destination faster."
or even
"I spent the last of my money on a pair of designer jeans that I couldn't afford." (well, that is pretty stupid)

I'm talking serious life decisions that people don't think through. Everyone has a right to be spontaneous and that's fun and exciting. I'm guilty of doing things on a whim, some of them have been selfish and some have been great. But those really HUGE life decisions that will literally shape the person you are, well, they aren't to be taken lightly. I really don't want to tell anyone "I told you so" but considering the circumstances, I'd put my money on it. I've heard that bad decisions make good stories and I have a feeling that someday this is going to be a real knee-slapper. Until then.... I guess you live and you learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment